I thought about this some more, and I think it doesn't make sense to
distribute applications over freenet. Rather I think the JavaScript
application should be like a viewer application, and the unhosted storage
node could do freenet-node/server task of keeping data alive and anonymizing
requests. So basically, move your freenet node to your plugserver (which is
always-on), and access it through http rather than as a desktop application.

But since you then already have a http interface on the freenet node, and
also you don't want to connect to other identifiable freenet-nodes from your
browser, without routing through somewhere else, you might as well use that
directly as the application you browse to, instead of using an unhosted web
app somewhere to access your freenet node, or even accessing your own one
and those of your friends.

I may remember this incorrectly, but I think when I tried out freenet, it's
a desktop application, and not a localhost http service, right? Is there
also a mode to run the node as a server and use a standard browser as a
client to it? If you have that, then it would be easy to move the node to a
plugserver, where it is always-on, and in your home. Is that already
possible right now with freenet?

Cheers,
Michiel