On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Michael Grube <michael.gr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Robert Hailey <rob...@freenetproject.org
> > wrote:
>

>> On 2012/01/23 (Jan), at 8:21 AM, Martin 'The Bishop' Scheffler wrote:
>>
>> > well, i see the megaupload-bust as a second factor to that.
>> > we should thank the FBI for pushing users in our direction :-)
>>
>> And then we should push development of freenet into freenet itself before
>> the FBI comes in our direction. :-)
>>

> =/
>
> Development alone will not save us.
>
> With a sufficient set of arguments and PR, we should be able not only to
> keep the FBI at bay, but even portray ourselves as people who are doing
> good(because we are!). This is exactly how WikiLeaks protected themselves
> before they got really big. They were very practiced at answering
> *all*counterarguments to their activities. I have seen a good deal of
> development and tech support discussion in #freenet, but I have not seen a
> proportionate amount of legal and social defenses.
>
> Maybe it would be possible to make friends with the EFF or ACLU? I'm not
> sure how we'd get the help we may need.

Could we at least get an update on the front page that is newer than 13th
April 2011 please?  If I didn't know better I would think this project was
abandoned...
Maybe a link to somewhere advising folks to read up on SOPA or other
Internet blacklist activities?
Perhaps:

"Freenet is becoming more necessary every day.  We recommend reading up on
laws that may affect you, such as
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/Internet-Blacklist-Legislation";

--
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death,
your right to say it. - Voltaire