On 12/05/2012 01:55 AM, Robert Hailey wrote:

> On 2012/12/04 (Dec), at 8:10 PM, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
>
>> Am Donnerstag, 1. November 2012, 21:30:35 schrieb Matthew
>> Toseland:
>>> - More work on making darknet easy.
>>
>> Yes, please!
>>
>> How about automatic insert of my noderef as CHK, so I can just
>> hand a friend an in-freenet-link to connect?
>
> So you want a sort of... "open invitation"? Whoever finds the chk
> can become a darknet peer... unless the operator has put a
> count-limitation on it, or since disabled it manually (via an open
> invitations list?).
>
> An interesting idea, and not a bad one either, as it would be a
> necessary first step for the welcome-package idea anyway as the
> "one_time_token.txt" is effectively a limit-1 open-invitation.
>
> It seems like it would remove 50% of the handshake process for
> those who find it "secure enough" for their purposes, but I think
> Matthew said something about it not gelling well with darknet-only
> nodes being "undetectable" (that they would have to respond to an
> unverified request or something).

Would it be reasonable to have the installer packaged with a seed such
that the public key of the node installed with it could be recognized?
This seems like it'd mean knowing the private key too, but if someone
runs an invitation bundle from someone else, they probably trust them
anyway, seeing as how they're connecting via darknet. Hm. Thoughts?