On 31/03/14 17:24, Nicolas Hernandez wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Matthew Toseland <t...@amphibian.dyndns.org
>> wrote:
>> On 31/03/14 16:54, Nicolas Hernandez wrote:
>>> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 4:52 PM, Matthew Toseland <
>> t...@amphibian.dyndns.org

>>> Sure not, IMHO we could choose LOW and NO by default as the worst case.
>> Except that that would sabotage performance and force wider usage of
>> opennet. In general your friends - even your coworkers, distant cousins
>> and vague acquaintances - are more trustworthy than your opennet peers.
>> Because...
>>
>> "On darknet you choose your friends. On opennet the bad guys choose you."
> We could add an alert message if someone leave default values.
So they use the defaults and then they get a warning message telling
them off for using the defaults? That's gonna go down well!

Better to have a sane default (NORMAL and YES) and a dismissable
explanation IMHO. People shouldn't add their secret contact in the CIA
torture chamber in Uzbekistan as a darknet peer anyway, since it's
visible from their network traffic. :)