On 06/17/2014 09:55 AM, xor wrote:
> On Saturday, June 14, 2014 09:29:12 PM Steve Dougherty wrote:
>> Changes in 1463:
>>
>> Fix Windows installer failing with "Floating point division by zero" on
>> XP. This was caused by a bitmap formatting problem. [0] Windows Vista
>> and Windows 8 testers would be appreciated for significant future
>> changes such as the .NET 4.5 tray application.
>
> IMHO it would be really nice if you set up VMs with common operating systems
> and test the installer on all of them when doing changes which might break it.
> - While most of us developers ended up on Linux, we must not forget that
> Windows is the majority of users!

I do test on Windows 7; I had forgotten that I have an XP VM which I
will be using to test installer changes from now on. I have volunteers
to test on Vista and 8 as well.

Even so, supporting XP isn't something I hope to do for much longer.
People shouldn't be using XP anyway - it's been unsupported since April.

> One thing nice about translating Freenet is that fred's web interface
> supports
> showing untranslated strings so people can quickly get something to translate
> if they want to contribute. It shows those which do not have an entry in the
> current translating file. If you commit English strings for everything which
> is
> not translated, you will break that functionality. Please make sure not to
> break it.

Well, it's already broken now. I haven't gotten translations outside of
Transifex in a long time, but I will fix it in a subsequent release.

>> - Remove unused support classes. See
>> 6c3136cb8669a859f11e2afa3f6d2043995336cf
>
> It would be nice to mark such classes as deprecated for some months before
> removing them.

Yes, that would be preferable. That sounds like a lot of work, though,
and I'm not certain it wouldn't be better applied elsewhere.