On Jun 2, 2015 11:07 AM, "Gerard Krol" <ger...@gerardkrol.nl> wrote:

> Yes, that's the reason I didn't spend any time bringing it over. For a
> single person donating $10k is a lot of money. A progress bar would solve
> that. Our full goal could be to fund the project for 12 months, that
> doesn't sound unreasonable.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gerard

12 months is still beyond the horizon of most average people. If you want
to lose 50 pounds in six months you don't ignore the scale for 5 months and
then find out you have only lost 10 pounds and stop eating for month 6.
You give yourself mini goals 5 lbs a week or 10 pounds a month or whatever
works so you feel like progress is being made. If you don't make your mini
goal you know to work harder for the next check-in.

If you want to put a year progress bar next to it that is fine.

> On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Juiceman <juicema...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have been meaning to bring this for a while.  The donate page shows
our
> > balance $10K+ or whatever. In my mind this actually discourages
donations.
> > "eh. The project has enough money for now... my $10 isn't gonna make a
> > difference."
> >
> > People respond to goals. We figure out what monthly amounts we need to
fund
> > at full paid developer level and display that as a progress bar.
Thoughts?