On Sunday, October 11, 2015 07:33:29 PM Steve Dougherty wrote:
> Florent expressed interest in getting the caching store tracker out, [0]
> but we'd also planned for 1471 to transition to a new key as part of
> 1472 requiring Java 7, and that's not implemented yet. Are people
> interested in postponing the Java 7 transition again if it's necessary
> to get 1471 out sooner?
>
> I plan to release 1471-pre2 the weekend of October 24th.

I don't really need Java 7 yet for my purposes -> Don't care.

What I do care about:
There currently are 2 WoT releases which have not been deployed yet, and the
latest of those has been released for testing for almost a month.
So I'd say it would be safe to get out WoT build0017 at least, if not
build0018.
The performance improvements they provide should be a lot for each of them, so
it'd be really nice to get one out.

I'd suggest you try to compile / unit test them soon enough: We've two times
in a row had the case where you tried to compile them on fred release day, ran
into problems, and couldn't wait for me to fix them because it was release day
already.