On Thu, Feb 18, 2016, 6:30 AM Martin Byrenheid <
martin.byrenh...@tu-dresden.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> while working with Freenet, I discovered that whenever a seed node
> received an
> OpennetAnnounceRequest-message for a target location X, it forwards the
> request to another opennet peer node, but always for target location 0.0
> instead.

Yikes. That sure sounds like a bug.

This behavior results from the fact that the constructor of the
> AnnounceSender class (line 55 [1])  does not copy the given target location
> into the "target" member variable. Is this an implementation bug or is
> there a
> good reason why the original target location should be ignored?

Matthew likely wrote it, but he's busy at university, so instead of asking
him my impulse would be to check if that behavior is in the initial
AnnounceSender implementation. If it was intentionally removed later there
should be reasoning in the commit message. If - as I'd expect - it's a bug,
it very well may exist in the initial implementation or be introduced by a
refactor.

Thanks,
Steve

Martin