In local.freenet, you wrote:
> Has there been a protocol change in the 0.4 code recently (last 2 days
> or so) which would have caused a node which hadn't updated its code
> since Monday to suddenly stop working?
> I've been getting authentication errors all over the place since early
> yesterday, and restarting the node doesn't fix it.

I'm getting tons of
Oct 6, 2001 6:21:34 PM (Freenet.session.FnpLink, Thread-96): Authentication I/O
failure: Broken pipe
java.io.IOException: Broken pipe

and

Oct 6, 2001 06:22:27 PM (Freenet.session.FnpLink, ThreadPool Overflow thread
for Freenet.OpenConnectionManager$ConnectionJob at 37c247f8): Authentication
I/O failure: Broken pipe

too. Some data trickles in, though.
--
Volker Stolz * vs at foldr.org * PGP + S/MIME