I see no harm in this, although I still think that it shouldn't be
nescessary, why would an insertion succeed but the data not be propogated
into the network?  What realistic circumstance could result in the data
not being found when the local datastore is ignored after a successful
insertion?  Even if the network was horribly split, the request would
simply be sent to the same node to which the insertion was sent, and thus
it should definitely be found.

Perhaps someone could do some experimentation to see whether this is
happening or not.

Ian.