Marco A. Calamari (marcoc1 at dada.it) wrote:

> You haven't the problem I run into?
>
> Where your version ok kaffe came from ?
> Kernel, distribution ?

OpenBSD 3.2 i386.  (It was OpenBSD 3.1 before I upgraded, shortly
after the 3.2 release.  Freenet worked in both cases.)

Kaffe version is 1.0.7 with a few assertions commented out, to avoid
some of the core dumps.  (I submitted stack traces and output to
the Kaffe mailing list and one or two of them suggested that the
assertions that had been tripped were probably overly aggressive.)
I think there might also have been something I needed to change in
Makefile.in or configure.in to get it to compile cleanly -- I don't
remember any longer.

My Freenet version is CVS rel-0-5-1, last built 2002-11-11 20:59
(US/Eastern).  I build with Jikes 1.14 and ant 1.5 on a Debian
unstable system.

For grins, I just did a "cvs -z3 update -dP" in the Freenet directory
and only 5 files have changed since the 11th, if you count Version.java.
"ant clean && ant" built successfully.  I copied the freenet.jar
and freenet-ext.jar files over to the OpenBSD box and restarted
Freenet.  It bitches about OpenFECEncoder and suggests that I update
freenet-ext.jar.  But otherwise, it seems to be running fine.

The only problems I'm having with Kaffe are the occasional core dump
and what appears to be a memory leak.  Restarting the node works
around these problems.

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |