I have,
I haven't used freenet in a long while (but been watching the mailing list),
now that I see the magic word 'stable' referring to 0.5preX, I downloaded it
onto this machine to test it out on XP (new laptop, never seen freenet
before, default noderefs)

Brand new node, only one request made (which was still trying when I did
this insert)..
----------- start copy ------------------
Inserting: sqlcoders-ads7

State REQUESTING reached.
4096 bytes transferred.
8192 bytes transferred.
12288 bytes transferred.
16384 bytes transferred.
Insert URI - freenet:KSK at sqlcoders-ads7
The insert has been accepted; waiting up to 223 seconds for the StoreData
INSERTED: freenet:KSK at sqlcoders-ads7

----

Insert Succeeded.
----------- end copy ------------------

This was the latest freenet-webinstall, here's the envrionment..

Available processors 1

Maximum memory the JVM will allocate 128 MB
Memory currently allocated by the JVM 3,388 KB
Unused allocated memory 1,566,768 Bytes
Memory in use 1,903,472 Bytes

JVM Vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
JVM Name Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
JVM Version 1.4.0_01-b03

Operating System Windows XP
OS Version 5.1

Total size of the data store 200 MB
Free space in the data store 203,800 KB
Used space in the data store 1,000 KB

Total pooled threads 15
Available pooled threads 9
Pooled threads in use 6

Pooled thread consumers
Class Threads used
freenet.interfaces.LocalInterface$ConnectionShell 2
freenet.node.states.data.DataStateInitiator 2
freenet.OpenConnectionManager$ConnectionJob 2

ThreadGroup/Thread Hierarchy:
<snipped>