On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Matthew Toseland wrote:

> Now that 0.5.1 is out... how should we do the CVS branches? Having
> rel-0-5-1 for the "stable" branch seems silly... the most reasonable
> path would seem to be to create a permanent "stable" branch... any
> objections or comments?

Actually, CVS HATES parallel trees.  The merges get really yucky really
quickly.  Branch off rel-0-5-1 and make 0.5.1.1 if need be.

If you're used to the merge-and-tag, merge-and-tag cycle, you can do a
seperate stable/unstable tree.  Easier to just fork the unstable
branch prior to release (into the next stable)  and only commit bugfixes
to that branch.

--Dan