On March 27, 2003 11:57 pm, Pascal wrote:
> Adding useDSIndex=false to your config file will significantly reduce
> your CPU load.  This will have two side effects however:

This _does_ seem to be helping here.  Freenet load is less noticealbe
with this option.

May I suggest that it be modified slightly?  How about useDSIndex=<threads>
when <threads> are the number of threads to use rebuilding.  Set the
default to 0 which uses the index.   Think the number of threads to use
will vary from box to box so having it as a config option would help.

With an 8G ds and 16 threads (K6-III 400), startup is about 20-30 seconds
longer - which is very acceptable here.

THANKS
Ed Tomlinson