On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 00:10:21 +0200, Florent Daigni?re wrote:

> * Jusa Saari <jargonautti at hotmail.com>
> [2006-06-21 00:38:45]:
>
>> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 20:21:51 +0100, Matthew Toseland wrote:
>>
>> > All unmaintained CSS styles for the node will be deleted in the near
>> > future. If you want your favourite theme to remain in Fred, please
>> > could you respond to this thread volunteering to be a maintainer. From
>> > time to time new features require new CSS elements (such as the recent
>> > addition of the progress bar on the queue page); this is the main duty
>> > of a style maintainer.
>>
>> Speaking of CSS styles, there's two problems with them:
>>
>> 1) The Node Configuration page, where you can change the style, lists
>> the available styles but forces the user to write the name of the
>> desired one. Why ? Why not put them into a nice combobox or something ?
>
> Because it would involve MAJOR code refactoring for the only configuration
> option we can enumerate.

I find this comment rather strange. If the list is shown in the HTML page,
then surely it wouldn't be a problem changing that HTML code a little to
put it into a compobox ? Or are you saying that the list is hardcoded into
the HTML code (in which case it could still be easily put to a box) ?

>> 2) The "Boxed" style does not show this list. Bad thing if the user
>> wants to change away from it but does not remember the names of other
>> styles. The same goes for the style "Sky".
>
> Complain to the new maintainer of the boxed style :p :)

I have no reason to complain, I mostly use Frost and looked at styles just
for fun when I read the OP of this thread.