On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 01:40:36 +0100, Matthew Toseland wrote:

> Freenet 0.7 build 1041 is now available. Please upgrade, tell us if you
> have any problem upgrading, and tell us if you find any bugs.
>
> Major changes:
> - Major internal changes/refactoring getting ready for opennet. We don't
> yet have the core opennet functionality, but we have all the
> prerequisites. Opennet will run on a separate UDP port, with separate
> crypto etc. You can turn it on but it will not automatically exchange refs

What does "separate crypto" mean ? Does it use different algorithm or
something ? Why ?

I do assume that all the connections use a different crypto key, right ?

Anyway, does using a separate port give any security advantages ? I would
think it would allow an attacker who can packet-sniff your node to gain
more information by reliably differentiating your darknet and opennet
connections.