Daniel Cheng skrev:
>>> System service on Windows:
>>>
>>> It is increasingly clear that our only options on Windows are to run as a
>>> service under LocalSystem, or to run as a service under a dedicated Freenet
>>> user, mostly because of permissions problems.
>>>

>> Can anyone (nextgens?) quickly sum up the reasons for running as
>> LocalSystem vs. our own user?
>>

> Multi-user system.
>
> One instance per Computer
> - File permission is a nightmare.
> --> Everyone Full permission
>      security problem
> --> NTFS permission inheritance
>      tried, doesn't work that well.
>      either we end up with too many permissions,
>      or things break too easily.
>
> One instance per User
> - Low uptime
>
> Running as a delicate user and provide a tray icon (Bunny)
> is preferred by toad (?) and me.

Thanks, though I meant running a *service* as our own Freenet user vs.
the LocalSystem account :) (... since we have more or less agreed to run
as a service).

So I guess the running user (Freenet or LocalSystem) + administrators
get readwrite access to the files, and regular users only read access?
Or no access at all? Will either create any problems?

- Zero3