Hey,

now it works better. Here are some patches on top of the current google CVS to
add mips/mipsel support to some *.java and the "run.sh" script. Download URL
has changed, you'll find that stuff on

http://download.berlin.freifunk.net/sven-ola/freenet/

(Please wait an hour until all the mirrors got a sync).

Note that the binary arch-dependant files in there are for mipsel only (I have
no mips-big-endian box with enough mem to run gcc/ecj - and I haven't tried
to cross-compile yet since my toolchains are all OpenWrt ==> uclibc).

Please mind the readme*.txt. I hope the java.nio.ByteOrder dependency is OK.

Performance on the MIPSel/300Mhz/128Mb Box is a bit poor because of the gij
bytecode interpreter. Two neighs ok, the third neigh -> says "busy". While I
have some success compiling a binary freenet using gcj (from jars on i386)
compiling dies on the Box because of gcj memory consumption - which is high
especially during compiler optimization. In case you haven't tried lately,
this looks promising (gcj-4.2):

gcj -o freenet -fjni -findirect-dispatch \
  --main=freenet.node.Node freenet-ext.jar freenet.jar

Next I'll try a Makefile for generating a freenet-ext.so and a freenet binary
for a native arch if nobody offers some out-of-the-box wizardry (and no - the
cacao JIT does not run well either)...

// Sven-Ola