Hi,

I'm a french student of computer science at ENSIMAG[1]. I am looking for
your feeling
on my proposal for working in your organization as part of the Google
Summer of Code.

I have been using the Freenet software for various reasons for a long time
and I find
it to be a very interesting endeavour, although not easy to setup. It is
also not very
straightforward to use on the long term and redistribute under Linux,
especially with
distributions which enforce high levels of good practice and standard
conformance like
the Debian-based distributions.

I am very interested by your project idea to overhaul the installation
packages. A way
to automatize the installation and ref gathering process would be a very
interesting
task to me. It would also greatly lower the barrier of entry for less
technically
minded users as the Tor project achieved in its distinct field.

I am a long time Linux user and sysadmin and now have a fairly good
experience with
Linux packaging. I have made packages for private deployment of custom
software on
Linux servers. I am also currently working on a large multiple
distributions packaging
project for Oberthur Card Systems as part of work done through my school's
Junior
Enterprise[2]. I have access to a large range of architectures and
operating systems
with my schools computer labs.
I have experience with navigating around fairly large C/C++ codebases,
including as
part of packaging work.

For peculiar reasons, I have not done a lot of packaging work for free
software and
I'd gladly reuse my experience for public interest.

I'm looking forward to any advice about this proposal and am available for
more
details, including schedule.

Regards.

Obey Arthur Liu