On Thursday 23 October 2008 16:29, Daniel Cheng wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:24 PM,  <nextgens at freenetproject.org> wrote:
> > Author: nextgens
> > Date: 2008-10-21 15:24:47 +0000 (Tue, 21 Oct 2008)
> > New Revision: 23014
> >
> > Modified:
> >   trunk/freenet/src/freenet/client/ArchiveManager.java
> >   trunk/freenet/src/freenet/client/ArchiveStoreContext.java
> >   trunk/freenet/src/freenet/client/ClientMetadata.java
> >   trunk/freenet/src/freenet/client/HighLevelSimpleClientImpl.java
> >   trunk/freenet/src/freenet/client/Metadata.java
> >   trunk/freenet/src/freenet/client/async/ClientPutter.java
> >   trunk/freenet/src/freenet/client/async/SimpleManifestPutter.java
> >   trunk/freenet/src/freenet/client/async/SingleFileFetcher.java
> >   trunk/freenet/src/freenet/client/async/SingleFileInserter.java
> >   trunk/freenet/src/freenet/client/async/SplitFileInserter.java
> >   trunk/freenet/src/freenet/clients/http/WelcomeToadlet.java
> >   trunk/freenet/src/freenet/frost/message/FrostMessage.java
> >   trunk/freenet/src/freenet/node/NodeARKInserter.java
> >   trunk/freenet/src/freenet/node/TextModeClientInterface.java
> >   trunk/freenet/src/freenet/node/fcp/ClientPut.java
> >   trunk/freenet/src/freenet/node/fcp/DirPutFile.java
> >   trunk/freenet/src/freenet/node/simulator/BootstrapPushPullTest.java
> > Log:
> > more work on bug #71: *** IT NEEDS TESTING! ***
> > It's still not backward compatible with stable but should be
forward-compatible ;)

> Current trunk is throwing:
>
> Caught in OffThreadCompressor: java.lang.Error:
> freenet.support.compress.CompressionOutputSizeException
> java.lang.Error: freenet.support.compress.CompressionOutputSizeException
>     at
freenet.client.async.SingleFileInserter.tryCompress(SingleFileInserter.java:206)
>     at freenet.client.async.SingleFileInserter.access$100
(SingleFileInserter.java:37)
>     at
freenet.client.async.SingleFileInserter$OffThreadCompressor.run(SingleFileInserter.java:120)
>     at freenet.support.PooledExecutor$MyThread.run(PooledExecutor.java:190)
> Caused by: freenet.support.compress.CompressionOutputSizeException
>     at
freenet.support.compress.Bzip2Compressor.compress(Bzip2Compressor.java:39)
>     at
freenet.support.compress.Compressor$COMPRESSOR_TYPE.compress(Compressor.java:42)
>     at
freenet.client.async.SingleFileInserter.tryCompress(SingleFileInserter.java:181)
>     ... 3 more
>

> I have backed off my change in Bucket, but they seems to be unrelated .

Yes, this is a result of this change; we need to catch the
CompressionOutputSizeException and ignore it with the new code (making sure
we free the data in the compressor).