Hi,

I did not really follow the discussion about emu and I just heard that you
guys want to get rid of it because nextgens will not administrate it
anymore. I do not know about all sevices of emu but I especially like the
following ones:

- Automatic builds so that the webserver and mirror network automatically
contains a JAR file for every SVN revision. This is very helpful when
testing stuff together with other people on IRC. It also helps if you have a
problem with your node: If toad fixes it in SVN, you just run "update.sh
testing" ....

- Related to automatic builds: The log bot which posts about build problems
on IRC. Very useful because sometimes even though your local IDE builds a
commit succesfully it does not build successfully on EMU.

- The bugtracker is also useful, I don't know whether it is hosted on emu or
somewhere else.

(- It might be also useful to run a Node on Emu in the future which hosts a
seed identity for the WoT plugin. This seed identity could publish very many
captchas so new users can join the WoT quickly. The alternative would be to
allow many different seed identities and specify our developers as those.
The disadvantage would be that their nodes might be down sometimes and that
their systems could be compromised and malicious trust values could be
published.)

I would be sad if we lost the automatic build system just because we have no
admin currently. By the way, what does emu cost monthly?

Greetings, xor