On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 1:00 AM, Matthew Toseland
<toad at amphibian.dyndns.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 11 April 2009 15:39:54 Daniel Cheng wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have just checked, GitHub allow "non-fast forward" update, and there
>> is no option to disable it. This means anybody have write access to it
>> might overwrite the whole repository, keeping no history behind. (for
>> those who are curious, google the 'git push --force').
>
> Would that be propagated when devs update their local trees via pull?
>>
>> So we have three options:
>> ? ?1) Just live with it, we trust our developers, we have backups,
>> yada yada. ?(i hate this option)
>
> Agreed, it sucks.
>>
>> ? ?2) Adapt the git workflow: every developer have his own branch,
>> only toad have access to the main repository, he will pull
>> periodically (or on request)
>
> Might be the best option.
>>
>> ? ?3) Choose another git host. ?(Anybody know which hosting allow
>> disabling non-fast-forward push?)
>
> Ian has emailed github...

In the mean time, google say they have figured out the bug the
infamous 502 bad gateway bug in google code / svn and will be fix
soon:

  http://code.google.com/p/support/issues/detail?id=1427

If you are not yet ready to switch to dvcs, you may give it yet another try.