On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Matthew
Toseland<toad at amphibian.dyndns.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 August 2009 01:27:18 Juiceman wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 7:57 PM, Matthew
>> Toseland<toad at amphibian.dyndns.org> wrote:

>> > What is the status of this? I understand it is the main thing preventing
>> > us from releasing the new installer? Have you decided to go with solution
>> > 3b?
>>
>> The sticking point is with old installations, not new. ?As far as I
>> know this can be handled in the update.cmd (if we choose to offer
>> freenettray.exe we need to include a modified uninstaller.) ?Just make
>> sure to use the update.cmd I just pushed a few minutes ago.
>
> So what you want to do is have an uninstaller for old-plus-systray, and a
> separate uninstaller for new-including-systray?

Yes, well I can have the update script migrate relatively recent
installs (ones with start.exe and with the custom freenet user) to the
current way of doing things, then either have a separate uninstaller
or the latest uninstaller if it is compatible.  Either way, this is
resolvable and won't even apply unless the user runs the update script
in which case we can do the migration.

I should have the new update script using AHK finished sometime in the
coming week, barring real life.