Ry4an Brase wrote:
> Hi, and thanks for contacting us.  We're not actively maintaining that
> package anymore, but we're happy to roll-in and bless a patch if it
> makes distribution less of a headache for you.
>
> I imported 1.0.3 into a mercurial repo at:
>
>     http://hg.swarmcast.com/fec/
>
> if you're into that sort of thing, but a unified diff would work too.

Hi,

We have a git repo which we hold our version of the sources on. It includes
other projects though, so it'd be very awkward to import changes from; I'm just
noting it for completeness:

http://github.com/freenet/contrib-staging/commits/master/

I've attached 3 unified diffs:

fec_64.diff is the differences between our current source code and fec-1.0.3,
related to the 64-bit fixes (and other minor refactorings). File changes: w32
has been replaced by Makefile.nmake, and fec_win32.c has been gotten rid of,
because, (I'm guessing the person who made that change thought) the differences
between that and fec.c were too minor to warrant maintaining 2 separate files.

weird.diff is a difference that I can't explain. It was introduced in this
commit (basically an import of the entire fec source on 2002-02-24):

http://github.com/freenet/contrib-staging/commit/0a48e95859322df16810b7c34ce6b0f0ea72393e

but I can't work out whether it's related to the bugfix mentioned in the commit
message or not, and the committer isn't involved with Freenet any more and I
haven't been able to contact him. Do you have any comments about this one?
Leaving it out causes no problems on my openJDK installation.

fec_64_ignore_whitespace.diff is the version of fec_64.diff that ignores
whitespace changes, so you can review it easier. (I'd prefer you apply the
first one though; it normalises the indents to that used by most of the rest of
the code.)