On Jan 14, 2009, at 7:57 AM, Matthew Toseland wrote:

> IMHO the system is over-optimised for throughput at the moment.

Let's assume that the current system works great for throughput, and
all we want is to put very-low-latency in the mix w/o much headache.

Consider this... a CHKPreRequest. Without actually asking one of our
peers for the data, we simultaneously ask them "how long would it
take?" and reserve the 'slot'. While still having it 'reserved' we can
then query other nodes and pick the fastest route, decline the others.

IMHO this would still need a mechanism to transfer one chk at a time
over a given link (strict priority) to actually optimize latency.

--
Robert Hailey