Juiceman skrev:

> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Zero3 <zero3 at zerosplayground.dk> wrote:
>
>> bbackde has been kind enough to test various stuff for me on Vista.
>> Basically, 2 important things are b0rked (both affecting both installer
>> and updater):
>>
>> - cacls is deprecated on Vista, needs to be replaced with icacls
>> (https://bugs.freenetproject.org/view.php?id=2881).
>> - "net start" and "net stop" does not work and does not elevate either
>> (https://bugs.freenetproject.org/view.php?id=2842 and
>> https://bugs.freenetproject.org/view.php?id=2491). I've created
>> self-UAC-elevating start.exe/stop.exe launchers for my new installer
>> that can be backported if wanted.
>>

> What do you mean by backported?  We shouldn't need to install them on
> old installs unless the user is using Vista, in which case how do you
> handle the UAC?  They might be better off reinstalling?

Atm. Vista installations are more or less broken. Apparently nobody has
ever tested the current installer on Vista. My installer still needs
some decent testing before it can replace the current (for Windows
installations), so a hotfix for the current would seem like a good idea
in my opnion. Either that, or announce clearly on freenetproject.org
that Vista is *not* supported atm. (I didn't want to send them out
through update.cmd, if that is what you thought)

> How would you suggest determining if we are on Vista?
> How about  ver|find /i "Vista"
> would this work?

Not sure if that will work for all languages. But these should do the job:

VER | findstr /l "5.0." > nul
IF %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0 ECHO Running 2000

VER | findstr /l "5.1." > nul
IF %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0 ECHO Running XP

VER | findstr /l "5.2." > nul
IF %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0 ECHO Running Win 2003

VER | findstr /l "6.0." > nul
IF %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0 ECHO Running Vista

- Zero3