People sometimes write to me asking to be removed from mailing list archives,
usually to make themselves look better on Google.

At the moment, removing from our archives involves quite a bit of work, and an
index rebuild (archives offline for 6 hours). However in the near future we
will get rid of emu, and it will be a matter of sending an email to the
external archive host, checking before/after, finding the messages, and
verifying that they are gone. In any case it can be quite disruptive.

Ian has proposed the following policy:
We charge $150/hour for removing from mail archives.
Payment in advance, by paypal, based on an estimate.
There will be a minimum billing unit, nextgens suggests 1 hour, I suggest 15
minutes.
There is no warranty provided, but IMHO if we miss something after taking
payment and it is pointed out, we should fix it for free.
IMHO developers should not qualify.

Agreed? Do we need a lawyer-approved contract text?