On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Matthew
Toseland<toad at amphibian.dyndns.org> wrote:
> I have done the first phase of deploying this, after discussions with Ian. We
> use the new background and the new logo, but we waste a lot of space on the
> top "line" with the banner, and we don't use the horizontal menu yet as we
> need to implement the sub-menus. Also I have rewritten the What is Freenet?
> page with some input from Ian.

Looking at the new version, it feels like it's targetted to an
academic who is interested in the theory of anonymous networks.  IMHO,
it should be targeted at a potential new Freenet user.  What they want
to know is what they can do with it.  The first sentence is a great
introduction; it says that Freenet does something to let them
communicate anonymously and without censorship.  At that point, I
think the obvious question for a potential user isn't "How does it
manage that?" but "What sorts of communication?"  In the current
version, a new user has to get to the fourth paragraph before they get
any hint about what they can do with it, rather than how it works.

Evan Daniel