Matthew Toseland wrote:
> On Monday 24 August 2009 17:03:21 Zero3 wrote:
>> Matthew Toseland skrev:

>>> I don't know. I do know that control panel hangs until the browser exists.
>> Odd. Maybe it also considers processes spawned by the uninstaller as
>> part of the uninstaller itself, and does not return control to the
>> control panel until all of these have terminated. Would make sense, as
>> uninstallers often continue in other processes than the originally
>> executed one (the wininstaller uninstaller included).
>>
>> Nevertheless, this is a design choice by Microsoft. If they want to
>> freeze out the user while any part of an uninstaller is running, I
>> shouldn't try to (and probably can't) get around it.
>
> There must be a way to detach it.

There might be. No idea how much hacking it would take though. IMHO I
don't think the minor usability issue is worth the hack.

On Vista I am able to close the control panel, although not start a new
uninstall before the browser is closed.

>> A possible workaround could be to add a message to the survey completion
>> page simply asking the user to close the window.
>
> Unfortunately it's broken atm.

Any update on this? Please at least remove the survey from
http://freenetproject.org/uninstall.html and replace it with a
"Temporary out of order" message or something. We are seriously wasting
people's time right now.
- Zero3