Freenet 0.7.5 build 1240 is now available. It will be mandatory on Wednesday
and contains many important fixes, 3 months work in fact. Many people have
contributed to this and my contribution has been less than it usually would be
for various reasons. The auto-update system should fetch the new build shortly,
let us know if it does not work. If you have to use the update scripts
(update.sh or update.cmd), please note that they may not work perfectly on old
installs where sha1test.jar doesn't exist or is out of date; you may need to
update the script manually from
https://checksums.freenetproject.org/latest/update.cmd (or .sh). This is
related to us getting rid of emu and getting a new server, currently
https://downloads.freenetproject.org/ and https://emu.freenetproject.org/ don't
work and we're deciding what to do about them.

Major changes:
- Significant bugfixes and other improvements to opennet. Hopefully this will
improve general performance, but particularly bootstrapping and reconnecting.
- Plugins are now translateable, each has its own separate translation page. I
am not sure whether translation override files work for plugins at the moment
so be careful to save your changes before restarting.
- Fix a datastore bug related to our recent change to use the store as extra
space for the cache.
- Various minor and (relatively) major optimisations and memory usage
improvements.
- Show the time that a download/upload last had anything happen.
- New version of Library with many improvements. It will still cause the node
to crash with Out of Memory sometimes on searches for popular words.
- True plugin auto-updating, allowing us to deploy new versions of plugins in
between stable build releases, with all the appropriate checks for security,
compatibility etc.
- Many new seednodes, and some old ones that weren't working any more removed.
Your node will automatically fetch and use the new seednodes over Freenet.

THANKS TO:

artefact2
bombe
evanbd