On Friday 05 March 2010 15:19:53 Matthew Toseland wrote:

> > the server side of web pushing does not depend on HTMLNode heavily,
> > and it will be a relatively easy task to migrate it to another base.
> > As only a few UpdateableElements present yet, it shouldn't take more
> > than a day of work. I'll be skiing for a week from today, so I can
> > look at the new templating stuff 2 weeks from now.
> Okay great, we'll merge Bombe's stuff and then let sashee update it before
> merging web-pushing.

I do get the feeling that you largely underestimate what has to be done to rid
Fred of HTMLNode and introduce a template engine. Practically everything in
freenet.clients.http.* needs to be refactored, in fact it would probably be
easier to just nuke it and rewrite it from scratch. :)

I am currently still in the process of rewriting Freetalk's web interface to
use the template engine and yes, I did rewrite it completely from scratch
because adapting the existing code is a nightmare as HTMLNode goes way too
deep to be able to change existing code with a reasonable amount of effort.

I don't know when the Freetalk web interface is finished because my free time
is currently limited. The template engine still lacks a couple of features
that I plan to implement (which will happen during the Freetalk adaption) so I
would advise against prematurely integrating it into Fred.

        David