Am 06.01.2011 00:19, schrieb Ximin Luo:
> Currently there are several problems with the NativeBigInteger library:
>
> - the build process:
>   - can't distinguish between 32/64bit binaries.

What do you mean by this?

>   - currently forced to build only 32-bit binaries for compatibility.

I do build them 64bit and 32bit and have not seen any issues related to that.
What sort of issue do
you see here for 64bit?

>   - misses out newer processors.
>   - untidy deployment: static link w/ GMP.

Maybe you do static linking, my files are dynamicly linked, but this might be
just another issue
with bundled libs versus distro built libs.

> I'm not very good at this sort of thing, and there are other pressing tasks
> for
> me to be getting on with. Unless someone steps up, we will eventually have to
> get rid of it. The current build system is going obsolete very quickly.

Why do you want to kick it out, if it is quicker than the java implementation?
And what do you mean
by "current build system is going obsolete"?

--
Thomas Sachau

Gentoo Linux Developer