On Wednesday 06 Jul 2011 20:10:56 xor wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 July 2011 00:10:58 Martin Nyhus wrote:
> > Sending emails using the new web interface now works using all the new
>
> Awesome!
> I shall review your code this week, mid-term evaluation starts on next
> Monday,
> deadline is Friday.
> So I will write the evaluation then.
>
> I did not work on the WoT code for the past weeks due to severe lack of
> motivation :| Basically I have been doing nothing all day long for quite some
> time, I really should kick my own ass.
>

> > There is still a problem with the channels that needs fixing. If
> > both Alice and Bob sends messages to each other at the same time they
> > will end up using two different channels, so we need to resolve that
> > conflict somehow. My first though was something like this:
>
> > However forcing one side to resend the RTS means having the user solve
> > another captcha, in some cases just to receive messages, which is
> > something I'd like to avoid. Any thoughts or other options?
>
> Is there any problem with 2 channels besides the inefficiency?
> Can't we just ignore the problem given that it is very unlikely to happen?
>
> The channels will have a finite timeout of some days or so anyway according
> what we discussed in the initial meeting, right? So the situation will fix
> itself after some time if it ever happens.

If there is no chance of there being more than two channels, can we make it
work even while both are open?

The race condition is messy, can it be avoided by making the disconnect of the
surplus channel less abrupt? E.g. keep both channels open until there is mutual
agreement to close one, or until one times out?