Hello everyone,

I am sorry I have had some Internet connectivity issues over the last
week and haven't been able to post updates. nextgens and toad were
busy too, so I haven't been able to discuss anything much with them.

However I have managed to push a decent bit of code. Although the
speed will increase, now that my vacation here begins (semester ended
late).

Here is an overview of the progress made since I began working on the project.

Current status-
1. Basic plugin architecture is complete for packets and streams
2. Design(code) to register a plugin is complete -
        a) Now I can start working on a plugin too. All the design
requirements are complete.
        b) Notifying various components of fred about a new transport plugin
registering is almost complete.
3. Refactoring code is midway. This has been a bit slow due to my
mentor and toad being busy; and it being my end semester period.
Things should move fast now that my semester is over.
        a) Currently working on handling the setup, and having separate
session keys and mangler object for each transport.
        b) Working on the Peer (detectedPeer/nominalPeer/remoteDetectedPeer
fields) object, as this will be different for each transport. Usually
only the port number will differ. But we might have plugins supporting
non-ip based transports in the future.

My main aim till now has been to finish as much as possible of the
packet transports. Ideally it would be great to finish it by midterm,
toad and nextgens suggest otherwise. Also after the transports start
running there would be several other issues that would need to be
worked upon.

Next 4-5 weeks (till the Midterm evaluations)-
1. Complete the above tasks, and complete handshake for different transports.
2. Work on refactoring and separating NewPacketFormat into two parts-
        a) A common object for streams and packets to handle messages in
flight - PeerMessageTracker
        b) An object for the packet creation, encryption, queueing, etc.
3. Begin implementing/running new transports (at the beginning I would
simply run the different instances of UDP plugin)
4. Finish basic UDP plugin - code mostly copied from UDPSocketHandler
5. Write a PoC steno plugin.

I am also in parallel implementing as much as possible of stream transport API.

Hope to get my code reviewed and commented soon. My flog updates are
ready too, but I haven't been able to run freenet, due to connectivity
issues. (Hope that will be resolved in a couple of days)

Thank you,
Chetan