This is an update of the current state of plugin Curator including future plans.

Sharing content using Curator:

Content curation is the process of collecting and?classifying?the most
interesting things about a subject to share it for the common benefit at a
single location. WoT Identities are used to sign the curated?material; thus
each identity owns and?maintains?a unique index.?

The plugin depends on WebOfTrust and Library. ?In a nutshell, WebOfTrust
provides the available own identities. It also announces which Identities
publish an index and the location of such index. Library creates the index,
handles an index on-disk version, uploads the index to Freenet and merges index
when is necessary.

Currently,?a?big limitation in Library is that it can manage?only one index for
Spider. My current task is to adapt Library to manage multiple indexes. For
that task the main important classes are
plugins/Library/SpiderIndexUploader.java and
plugins/Library/SpiderIndexURIs.java. At the moment, I am working on a copy:
CuratorIndexUploader.java and CuratorIndexURIs.java. Both are being modified to
handle multiple ProtoIndex, merge new data and do the uploads according to
different indexes. Indexes are identified by the routing key part of the WOT
identity RequestURI.

At the moment Library still handles only one index since the modifications are
not yet finished. I decided to publish the plugin at current state while I
continue to the adaptation of Library. The code can be found in a Github
repository?(https://github.com/leuchtkaefer/contentcuration)

All entries in the index need to be SSK keys. The reason for this is that I am
using the TermEntryWriter that stores data in binary using the method
FreenetURI.writeFullBinaryKeyWithLength(DataOutputStream dos). The FreeenURI
method doesn't handle USK keys, I don't know why.

To use the plugin, Library needs to be updated since I did some modifications
on that plugin too. If you need to run Curator, please tell me where I can
commit my Library changes.

Finally, I want to mention next work:?
- finish adaptation on Library to handle multiple indexes
- add bookmarklet button so the user can ?Indexes will further share with other
identities who may
- have a list of terms showed by the input form, so the user can select the
topic (category) easily.
- Ideas for future work on the plugin (cannot estimate the amount of work
needed):
? ? ?- search terms under indexes (search from trusted identities, use
some?threshold)
? ? ?- reuse indexes curated by other identities to generate new indexes.

Leuchtkaefer