Steve Dougherty <st...@asksteved.com> writes:

> I can't speak for Arne but as far as I'm aware the things I mentioned
> in my quoted message still apply: we'd need to write a way for the
> package to update itself over Freenet.

While I think that this would be ideal, I also think that most users do
not need update over Freenet, since it only gives them a privacy
advantage, when they run full darknet.

The Gentoo package for example does not update over Freenet.

The distributions usually do their own quality control and update with a
delay, and while that makes measuring the update-process a bit harder,
it would also give some additional security against a Freenet release
manager going rogue.

Best wishes,
Arne
--