Hi,

I created a test-release for what should become 1486.

You can get it from GitHub:
https://github.com/freenet/fred/releases/tag/build01486

This is not the 1486 release we wanted to release, but an emergency
release, because java 8 update 261 breaks Freenet on Windows. Therefore
we updated JNA to version 4.5.2.

Note that this is a pre-release. We gave it testing over the past 2
weeks, but we might have overlooked something.

You can also get it via auto-update by setting the update-key to
USK@BrNh~RNzsl3zQueAH0Ed8bgF88kZHa4AH64RNKjsCU4,~hvYp2qtiUUXk4r2AuwMbiNvLiBcPhl9Nt4lsrvaYn8,AQACAAE/jar/1485
on http://127.0.0.1:8888/config/node.updater?fproxyAdvancedMode=2
If Freenet does not find the update after changing the key, you might
have to restart it.

Please backup your Freenet installation (just copy the Folder) and then
change the update key to help us test whether the auto-update works.

We released from next (that’s the point of next), so the following
already prepared changes also come with this update:

- add warning message for IME to the first time wizard
- new jarsigner certificate should remove some ugly warnings - thanks to
operhiem1 and nextgens!
- no longer accept certain invalid SSKs and USKs - thanks to Bombe!
- increase max size for passthrough to our Windows installer should spread over
UOM again
- provide more bandwidth to darknet connections than to opennet connections -
thanks to Alex Williams!
- offer connection speed upgrade when increased speed is detected - thanks to
Oleh from Redwerk!
- improve CSS for small devices - thanks to Oleh from Redwerk!
- improve Winterfacey style - thanks to Oleh from Redwerk!

Please help us test 1486 so we can get it out before too many windows
nodes die.

Best wishes,
Arne
--