On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:

> On Sep 23, 2013, at 10:26 AM, "Guillaume \"Louis-Marie\" Delhumeau"
> <gdelhum...@xwiki.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> After some discussion on IRC:
>> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/IRC/xwikiArchive20130923
>>
>> It seems the best is to disable the "Upgrade all wikis" feature for 5.2.
>>
>> Thanks :)
>
> So it means we can't really recommend 5.2 as a "good" version, this is really
> a pity…
>
> We need to fix this ASAP for 5.2.1 then, right?
>
> Not being able to upgrade all wikis seems like some important regression to
> me.
>

> How hard is it to fix? Do we need to delay the 5.2 final release?

After discussing with Thomas, we decided to add a new Distribution
Wizard step, that is going to be triggered only if you select "Upgrade
all wikis" in the Upgrade Mode step, and that will list all wikis with
their UI extension (XAR) allowing the user to upgrade them one by one.
We need to postpone the 5.2RC1 release (planed for today) for 1 day
(so tomorrow).

Thanks,
Marius