Hi Jeremie,

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 5:58 PM, Jeremie BOUSQUET <
jeremie.bousq...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,

> > Hi devs,
> >
> > As part of the investigation on the Activity Stream Refactoring for the
> 6.2
> > roadmap, I have written a couple of documents [1] on some of the problems
> > (specifically performance [2]) of the current implementation and also
> tried
> > to list various use cases [3] that a better AS implementation should
> > support.
> >
> > I would like to ask you to:
> > - help out in listing possible use cases [3] that I have missed or you`d
> > like AS to support,
> >

> One use-case I thought about, but it's really nice-to-have IMO, could be to
> allow choosing a specific "display" (or "theme", or "displayer" ...) for
> the macro results.
> Possible displays or themes could be:
> - default (the current one)
> - livetable
> - timeline ...
> Obviously, granularity of details could not be the same depending on the
> chosen theme, but it would be ok if maximum details are show in the
> "default" (current) view.
> And you could provide custom ones if needed.
> It's maybe overkill, compared to duplicating the macro to an as_timeline or
> as_livetable macro ...

Interesting as a nice-to-have feature.

Do you have any particular actual use case for such a feature in mind? What
would be the benefit of displaying the events in a different view? I find
the livetable view not very useful.

Also, having a custom display would basically mean rewriting the macro
completely, since the macro is 95% UI. Perhaps the only functionality that
you would reuse would be indeed the filtering (through macro parameters),
though that too would be fairly easy to replicate.

Thanks for the quick reply so far. Keep them coming! :)
-Eduard