The location of this folder only make sense when it contains only
generic content. All skins inherit from it and having Flamingo inherit
from a partial Colibri (which is the current situation) does not make
any sense.

Having this folder not containing much is not an issue but having it
filled with what is specific to a skin does not make any sense. Why
bother even having a separated project for the skin in that case ?

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 2:42 PM, Guillaume "Louis-Marie" Delhumeau
<gdelhum...@xwiki.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Since 6.2, we have the following issue:
> http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-11027 "The templates directory has VMs
> from Colibri".
>
> Until now, we used to have all *.vm files in this directory, and nothing in
> the "colibri" one, because Colibri was the default skin.
>
> Now that Flamingo is the default skin, we have to decide what we do with
> this directory. Should we move all Flamingo's files in that directory?
> Should we only put the files that Colibri & Flamingo have in common? I have
> reported a list of problems that these decisions make, on the Jira.
>
> Actually, the "templates" directory seems to mean that we should put only
> "generic" templates. But what does it mean? Most of the files depends on
> the skin, so they are not generic. Except some files for the Distribution
> Wizard that should not be skin-dependent.
>
> What do you think about it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Guillaume Delhumeau (gdelhum...@xwiki.com)
> Research & Development Engineer at XWiki SAS
> Committer on the XWiki.org project

Thomas Mortagne