> On 14 Oct 2016, at 19:03, Thomas Mortagne <thomas.morta...@xwiki.com> wrote:
>
> This does not make any sense at general Extension level.
>
> Could be custom metadata that apply to XAR extensions. Since that only
> make sense for XAR extensions I would prefer to have this be
> implemented as a xobject as usual.

Yes, it could be implemented as a UIXP/XObject of the Extension UI.

> For me this is already the job of the uix we use for application panel
> so I don't really see the point of adding something else.

It’s not enough at all. That was my main point and explanation. Apparently I
failed to explain the problem correctly.

I’ll give more details:
* You install a XAR extension that provides a ConfigurableClass (but you don’t
know that as a user)
* After you’ve installed that extension, as a user, you don’t know what to do.
You need to go read the doc for the app to understand where you need to go to
start using it.

So I’m really convinced we need something better than what we have now.

Now after we move the Applications UIXP to the xwiki-platform-applications
module, we could add an “entrypoint’ property in the UIXP but that would mean
that the Extension Manager UI module would depend on
xwiki-platform-applications. We would need to decide if it’s ok. I think it is
since it can be considered as an application descriptor and I don’t see a
problem of having the EM UI module know about application descriptors.

WDYT?

Thanks
Vincent