Hi devs,

I’m working on http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-10543 and it’s been reported
by Nicolas that all the users he’s seen use XWiki don’t use the Message Stream
feature and moreover they even ask him to remove it.

One specific issue he’s raised is that the messages are sent to the AS (either
the global one or the user’s one) and the messages are drowned with the page
updates.

Basically we’d need to polish this feature better to make it really useful.

I agree with this POV. I also agree that in order to make XWiki simpler and
less cluttered, this feature could be disabled.

Thus I’m proposing to still bundle it but to disable it, since we already have
a Message Stream Admin UI config.

WDYT?

Thanks
-Vincent