Hi, devs,

During a hackathon session, I have done a refresh on XWiki's code viewer
("code.vm") and integrated the Blame API [1] developed by Denis to add
line-by-line blame information, just like GitHub's blame feature.

Please see the associated Jira issue that also includes before and after
screenshots:
https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14578

The Blame API module is a commons module since 2014 but not bundled neither
in the WAR nor in the flavor, so, in order to go along and merge my work,
I'd need it to be available as a core extension (to be also usable by
code.vm).

I have not studied it deeply, but the module seems to be doing its job well
and the result is very nice and it is very generic.

Being able to perform a blame analysis builds upon the diff module and both
are features of XWiki's versioning capabilities, so, IMO, both should be
considered core extensions (and not only the diff module, which already is
core).

The PR is available at https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/pull/605

Here is my (obvious) +1 to bundle the blame-api and merge the PR which
includes the UI.

Thanks,
Eduard

[1] http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Blame%20Module