Hi devs,

As most of you already know, XWiki has been accepted to Google Summer of
Code 2018!

We currently have 12 project proposals and 8 mentors [1].

There is 1 month left [2] before the student application period begins, so
if others want to sign up as mentors and/or propose new GSoC projects for
the students, please do so on the ideas list [1].

During this period, students are supposed to ask questions about the
proposed projects so please don`t hesitate to welcome and help them out!

Another thing you can help with is to increase the list of "Trivial" issues
that we know about on jira.xwiki.org. You can to set the "Difficulty" field
of a jira issues to "Trivial" if you know for a fact that it would be
something easy for someone new to XWiki to fix. We`re currently using a
JIRA filter [3] to gather all these "Trivial" issues and listing them on
the guidelines [4] page to help students discover them more easily.

Thanks,
Eduard

[1] http://gsoc.xwiki.org
[2] https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline