Hi Thomas,

> On 30 Apr 2018, at 14:29, Thomas Mortagne <thomas.morta...@xwiki.com> wrote:
>
> Hi xwikiers,
>
> In 10.3 we introduced a warning to discourage users from editing
> extension pages (unless the extension indicate it's OK to edit it).
>
> This was a first version to have something in 10.3 but the initial
> (vague) plan (for 10.4 this time) base on previous discussions was:
>
> * EDIT right forced false for basic users
> * still a warning for advanced users
> * various options to change that (EDIT right forced false for
> everyone, warning for everyone, etc.)

Note: I haven’t read what’s below yet (looks complex ;)).

From a functional POV the minimal needs IMO are:

* The warning you’ve already implemented is good as the default
* We also need to take the hosting use case, where some company provide xwiki
hosting and they want to prevent users (including admins, for superadmin it’s
ok) from editing extension pages so that they can perform xwiki upgrades
automatically with no conflicts.

Ofc if we can support Advanced user vs Simple user use cases (i.e. forbid
simple user from editing extension pages) that’s nice too but less important
IMO.

Thanks
-Vincent