+1 for 1)
Make sure the commit has a marker like "[Translations]" or "[Weblate]" for
the the step in the release process, so that we can look for them in the
history in order to apply them, in case we really need them.
In practice we don't commit translations for LTS, because usually we make
changes in UI and we don't want to manually check and validate each
translation.

Thanks,
Caty