On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 2:58 PM Adel Atallah <adel.atal...@xwiki.com> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> Working on the auto-suggestion feature [1], I've been integrating it
> in xproperties holding a reference to a page. Those xproperties are of
> type String and have been changed to the Page type so that the page
> displayer is used and shows the auto-suggestion when needed.

Since we talk about new entity properties types and bring back the
following subject: a pity the type is called "page" since it actually
contain document reference and collide with the new page reference.
But hard to change now...

We'll need to introduce a new type which store serialized
PageReference at some point since that's what most new xobjects should
use ideally. But it can't be used for existing property which
currently contain document references since the syntax is different.

The best to avoid confusion with two different "page*" types names
would probably be to have the PageClass have a type which could be:
* document (set to existing page properties with a migration)
* page (the default)
* space ?

BaseClass#addPageField hasn't been released yet (@since 10.8RC1) so
it's the right time, later we would have to keep "document" as the
default in it which would not be very elegant since we want people to
use page reference in the future as much as possible.

--
Thomas Mortagne