Hi Simon,

> On 21 Sep 2018, at 16:58, Simon Urli <simon.u...@xwiki.com> wrote:
>

> On 9/21/18 4:53 PM, Adel Atallah wrote:
>> +1 for the warning, but I would not forbid simple users from renaming
>> or moving pages but instead just hide the action (from the page menu).
>
> OK I should have written it: by "forbid" I meant:
>
>  1. Hide the action from the menu
>  2. Return an error message if the user try to access the renaming/moving
> page (using forged URL)
>
> So you suggest we shouldn't do 2?

So +1 to prevent/warn the user when doing a move/renaming AND copy pages
containing XClass definitions (the message should list all such pages).

-1 to hide the action from the menu (if you’re talking about the “Move/Rename”
and “Copy" actions) because:
1) you get to choose whether you move/rename/copy children after you click the
action
2) even when the current page has an XClass, the user wouldn't understand why
he cannot see/click on the action. It’s better that he can do it but get an
error message, explaining why and telling him that to contact an advanced users
if he really needs to do it.

Thanks
-Vincent