Hi,

> On 22 Oct 2018, at 15:13, Guillaume Delhumeau <guillaume.delhum...@xwiki.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> For 10.9RC1, my objective was to stop bundling the Activity Stream UI in
> the default flavor. Several months before, I did the same with the
> Watchlist. Now both of them are replaced by Notifications.
>
> Even if they are not bundled anymore by default, I have let the modules in
> the "platform" repository. The idea was to maintain them until 11.x is
> started (while we stabilize notifications), and to move them in "attic" at
> the beginning of next year.
>
> Recently, while removing Activity Stream calls in our wiki pages, I
> discovered some code in the User Profile that was handling both Activity
> Stream and the Watchlist. I removed it, since it was handling deprecated
> code. But maybe I should have not, since the modules are not moved into the
> "attic" repository yet. Anyway, it is not clean to have special code for AS
> and Watchlist in the User Profile module, we need to create a proper
> mechanism to inject code into the user profile (see:
> https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12639).
>
> The removing of the code has broken some functional tests in the watchlist
> module, that were precisely testing this code. So now, we have several
>
> A - Put back the code I have removed, until Activity Stream UI and
> Watchlist are moved outside the "platform" repository. So the build would
> be fixed.

+1

> B - Remove the failing functional test since it is testing a code we have
> been removed. So the build would be fixed.

Do we have the same tests that verify the replacement, i.e. the usage of the
notifications macro?

If we have then +1 too. If not then this means a reduction in coverage so not
good.

> C - Put back the code I have removed, but inside the Watchlist module and
> injected into the User profile via a clean injection system (again:
> https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12639). The build would be fixed but it
> requires more time to develop, and we risk to miss 10.9RC1.

IMO too late for 10.9RC1 and 10.9. Would be great to have that for 10.10RC1
though ;)

> The release of 10.9RC1 is already late, so what do you think is the best
> option?

For me, either A or B (depending on the answer to my question).

Thanks
-Vincent