On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 11:22 AM Thomas Mortagne <thomas.morta...@xwiki.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 9:57 AM Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:
> >

> > > On 21 Nov 2018, at 17:46, Adel Atallah <adel.atal...@xwiki.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,

> consecutive

> > > -0, I think the validation can be useful at least to keep good
> practices.

> > > +1, simplest one.
> >
> > Note that the question is not so much about being simple (we can just
> remove WCAG for that and it’s the simplest ;)) but about being the right
> thing to do for people with disabilities.
> >
> > For me we have the following options:
> >
> > A) We don’t think that this check is useful, ie that it brings
> advantages for people with disabilities and then we can remove it. No need
> to add exceptions.
> >
> > B) We think the check is useful for people with disabilities and we
> should keep it, even for translations pages since I don’t see why people
> with disabilities shouldn’t be able to use translation pages. There are
> some ideas to fix this: I listed some in the jira issue and Thomas
> mentioned one too (it’s option D).
> >

> > C) Now I’m fine if we say the following: for technical reasons it’s
> already hard to ensure that we pass WCAG for user pages and thus FTM we
> focus only on those ones and we agree that we don’t pass WCAG for
> developer-oriented features, with the goal of improving on that aspect in
> the future. And thus we disable WCAG checks on technical pages (hidden
> pages) for now.
>

> Excluding hidden page for now is indeed something that would make a
> lot of sense.

I agree. The issue is that we can have hidden pages that:

* are not displayed by default (I'm thinking panels)
* are included / displayed dynamically with JavaScript so they won't appear
in the HTML downloaded by our WCAG tests (I'm thinking of async panels and
modals for instance)

So they won't be covered.